Saturday 23 May 2009

A thank you card

It's been a beautiful day here in Malvern, so my plans to craft today were put on hold as we popped out to buy a new swing seat! I'm sitting on it right now, laptop on my knee in the evening sun - bliss!

I did manage to make a quick card this morning though; it's a thank you for two very special people. The stamps are new from Crafty Individuals and they are so pretty. I kept the card simple - I inked up some card very lightly using a babywipe and Distress Inks which I then stamped with the ladies and greeting. The papers are yummy BasicGrey Bittersweet. I just added a bit of lace and that's about it.

I'm off on leave for a week from today so I may or may not be about. Enjoy your weekends all. Don't forget the next mag is on sale 5th June.
Katy x

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of the new images Katy. Love it.

    Lucky you in your new swing seat...its alright for some ay lol ;0) I hope your hubby is peeling a few grapes for you whilst you are working hard typing lol...enjoy the break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Katy. love the way you've coloured the images. swing seat sounds lovely! have a great holiday and forget work for a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is lovely, love the colouring on the images, really good effect!
    Nicki
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card. Love the delicate colouring. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Katy! Glad you've got the weather to sit in your swing seat - it's been pouring here!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Katy - love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beatuiful card. This iste is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a super use of such excellent images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this card I am a great fan of those stamps I use them all the time with my projects. It was thanks to your magazine that I first heard about them great design love cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete